Figure Drawing Foundations | Proportions
Hey there, it’s Clayton from How to Draw Comics . NET,
I’m ultra-excited to present to you HTDC’s first "Figure Drawing Fundamentals Lesson | Proportions!"
"Figure Drawing Foundations | Proportions" is a laser focused volume of Comic Art training created specifically to give you the ability to draw your Comic Book Characters in Proportion.
The ideas, techniques and tools you’re about to learn in this training package have been carefully developed and refined over years of learning, testing and experience.
I use them every day I sit down to draft out a new Comic Book Character myself, because the truth is everything you’re going to learn in this lesson ACTUALLY works if you apply it!
And I’m not the only one who’s taken advantage of what I’m giving you here - over the years my students have also used these insights and techniques to conquer the most challenging, fundamental obstacle every artist is met with when they set out to improve their drawing abilities - Proportions
Figure Drawing Foundations | Proportions - Includes:
Figure Drawing Fundamentals | Proportions E-Book
- The 34 Page E-Book holds some of the most concentrated, highly polished fundamental knowledge on Proportions that you will not find anywhere else.
- Every piece of insight has been carefully articulated with complimentary, high detail Comic Book illustrations to give you clear visual examples, and to inspire. The Proportions E-Book is a must have reference guide for every aspiring Comic Book Artist who wants to get their figure drawing foundations handled – beginning with Proportions.
- Best of all it’s all digital! So you don’t have to wait to get it in the mail, you get it instantly. You never have to worry about it getting damaged or lost, and you can take it anywhere, having it right at your finger tips whenever you want it.
Figure Drawing Fundamentals | Proportions Core Lesson
- The Core Proportions Lesson is the 40 minute, narrated, Video adaption of the Proportions E-Book - designed to give you a highly immersive, potent learning experience. The core lesson breaks down the topics step by step, walking you’re through each segment. Instead of just looking at each example, I’ll be highlighting the Proportions of the human figure segment by segment so that you don’t miss a beat.
- The entire lesson has been narrated, which means you can sit back, listen, watch and learn, giving you a whole new level of educational immersion.
- Both the Core Video and the E-Book are exceptional volumes of Comic Art training, designed and carefully composed to be delivered in two different formats.
Figure Drawing Fundamentals | Proportions Templates
- As well as the training material, I’ve also created a set of high resolution Proportions Templates. These Templates are essentially a height chart for each of the overarching topics covered in the E-Book and Core Proportions Lesson – The Heroic Figure, Proportions at Different Ages and Comic Book Archetypes.
- These were specially created to serve you as the go to reference guide whenever you set out to draw a Comic Book character – a guide not just to drawing your characters in Proportion, but also to provide a reference for placing in their anatomy.
- The Proportions Templates are ultra-high resolution image files which means you can set them up as your desktop background, or print them out on giant posters to hang up in your studio or work space. Either way, you can rest assured that every detail will be captured in sharp HD focus.
But I didn’t want to stop there. See, one of the toughest things to overcome when learning is the fact that you’re not here in the classroom with me to guide you through the process of implementing all the cool stuff you’re going to learn.
So I decided to really go above and beyond for you here to GUARANTEE you the results you came here for.
Along with the Proportions E-Book, Core Proportions Lesson and Proportions Templates - I’ve also included:
Figure Drawing Fundamentals | Proportions Workshop
- As far as content and step by step instruction - this is where it’s at. The Proportions Workshop is a 5 Hour + module of intensive, real-time training designed to help you implement everything you’ve learned in the Core Proportions Lesson.
- In the first 4 Workshop Sessions you’re going to learn step-by-step how to build a proportionally accurate figure drawing from the ground up. I’ll walk you through the front, and side view of both the male and female figure so that you get a full understanding of how the key forms of the human body are drawn. Literally, you’ll follow along with a sketchbook and pencil as we do the exercise together, and finish up with a set of Proportionally accurate figures in front of you.
- In the following 4 sessions we enter into the advanced concepts of Proportions where I’ll walk you through a series of examples and exercises designed to get you drawing your figures in perspective – while keeping their proportions intact!
Each of the Sessions focus on:
- How to place down, and construct your characters on the page so that they fit within the space you’re drawing them – whether that be the page itself or the panels within a sequential piece of art work.
- How to draw your characters in different poses, and foreshorten them in Perspective – and how to apply Proportions in those more dynamic scenarios.
- You’ll learn how to understand the human figure in terms of simple form so that you can take a pose from observation, turn it around inside your mind and draw it down onto the page at any angle, in any view you desire. And I show exactly how to do it – in fact I walk you through it one step at a time so that you can implement the process for yourself.
- And finally I share practical exercises with you that are specially designed to make drawing your characters in proportion second nature, through repetition. If you practice the exercises you learn in this session, Proportions will be a problem for you no more.
Each of the 8 sessions within the Proportions Workshop goes for 40 minutes to an hour, and are aimed at putting everything you’ve learned into action straight away so that you can see an improvement in your drawings right NOW!
Ultimately, when you get Figure Drawing Fundamentals | Proportions, my hope is that it will not only give you a highly concentrated, deep level of insight into the complexities of Proportion - but that it will also serve as a dependable guide for you to refer back to whenever you need it.
My goal was to deliver ‘the’ guide to drawing your Comic Book Characters in Proportion. And I really do believe that I’ve created that for you here.